Premium Response Terms and Conditions
On the road, driving hazards and motoring problems can occur. Roadside Response is a dedicated automotive roadside assistance provider offering 24/7/365 Roadside Assistance to its members; supporting you when those un-foreseen breakdowns occur
Benefits & Conditions
You are entitled to up to unlimited call out’s within a 12 month period as part of your Premium Response Care program. Commencement of the program starts 48 hours after your program has been activated. Roadside Response will provide roadside assistance were the vehicle is located on any gazetted public road.
Emergency service requested within the first 48 hours, or upon the expiry of your entitlements, will fall under our ‘pay to use’ response service and requires payment up-front for the service being requested. Users of our ‘pay to use’ roadside response services are required to secure all booking by providing valid credit card details prior to service.
We will arrange, where it is possible and safe to do so, most common breakdown related problems to be rectified including inflation of a flat tyre, replacement of a flat tyre with the vehicle’s serviceable spare and jump-starting of a flat battery. Where appropriate, this may also include providing practical tips or advice, on a reasonable endeavours basis, in relation to simple vehicle operation, any safety warnings or lights that may appear or practical information regarding the Vehicle.
Minor Roadside Repairs
We will arrange for minor breakdown related repairs to be carried out where it is possible and safe to do so at the roadside. However, if major parts or factory diagnostic equipment are required, the vehicle will be transported to the nearest Authorised Service Centre (within the towing limited specified under your program entitlements). The cost of repairs, including labour and any required parts, will be your responsibility.
Telephone technical advice will be provided in relation to the vehicle operation, any safety warnings or lights that may appear or technical / mechanical information regarding the vehicle.
Battery & Parts Replacement
We will cover the cost of any labour used to facilitate the roadside repair (such as a jumpstart), where possible any mechanical failures. You are responsible for all parts and repair costs in the provision of these services. This may include but is not limited to batteries, hoses, electrical components etc.
If you run out of fuel we will arrange for an emergency delivery of fuel or where government regulations apply, transport your vehicle to the nearest filling station. You must pay for the cost of any fuel supplied in the provision of this service.
If you have a flat tyre, we will arrange for it to be changed with the vehicle’s serviceable spare wheel or transport the vehicle to an approved tyre outlet. Should additional services be required for any reason, these services would be at the driver’s cost.
Key Replacement, Locksmith Service or Courier Service
As it is not possible to gain entry to most vehicles without a key, if the key has been lost or stolen, we will either arrange for the spare key to be delivered to you by taxi or arrange for a locksmith to attend. You will be responsible for all costs incurred in the provision of this service. We will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for any loss or damage that occurs to the Vehicle as a result of this service provision. Due to contractor and vehicle limitations, this service may not be available in all cases.
If the Vehicle cannot be mobilised on the roadside, we will arrange for your vehicle to be transported to the nearest authorised service facility. The included towing allowance in 20 kilometres. You will be responsible for all towing costs in excess of the agreed distance entitlement in line with attending contractor rate.
In cases where the vehicle has been transported to an Authorised Service Centre after a breakdown, we will proactively follow up on every case to ensure the vehicle is back on the road as soon as possible. We will contact the Authorised Service Centre within 24 hours to confirm that the vehicle is rectified and ready for pick up.
Urgent Message Relay
In the event of a breakdown or accident, we can connect the caller through to family members, friends or business associates so to notify them of any possible delays.
Accident Coordination & Towing
We will assist the owner following an accident in obtaining the necessary information from other parties, undertake the correct action with regards police involvement and manage the demands of tow truck operators who maybe at the scene of the accident.
Emergency Taxi Transport
Where we have been contacted to arrange breakdown assistance, and the vehicle requires transport, we can arrange and provide a taxi trip. We will be responsible for up to the value of $50.00 inclusive of GST per event, payable by reimbursement.
Additional benefits provided to Premium Response Care members if their vehicle will be immobilised with a failure over 100 kilometres from their home for longer than 24 hours:
We will provide hotel accommodation for the driver and up to four passengers for five nights to a maximum of 3 nights to maximum value of $150 inclusive of GST per night. You will be responsible for all meals, telephone call costs, and any hotel sundries incurred during your stay. Entitlements are paid by reimbursement.
Rental Car Assistance
We will supply a rental car for you for up to a maximum of 4 days at a maximum value of $75 per day inclusive of GST. Rental car entitlements cease once the vehicle has been repaired. You would be responsible for all sundry costs, including but not limited to fuel costs, excess kilometre charges, toll charges insurance excess reduction fees, cost of damages to and excess payable on the rental vehicle. Entitlements are paid by reimbursement.
What we don’t cover
We do not cover vehicles that are:
- older than 12 yrs old
- with pre-existing mechanical conditions
- not in a roadworthy, well maintained condition or are unregistered
- not registered on our system
- over 3.5 tonnes
- involved in any way in any form of racing or motor sports
- modified, large or heavy enough to require a specialist or heavy haulage towing provider
- operating as taxis, limousines, rental or hire vehicles or for any other commercial use
- immobile in a workshop while being repaired or undergoing mechanical or electrical repairs at your premises
- located in a restricted access area, private property or is bogged – except where we can enter the premises and you are willing to cover any associated costs
- located in an area that a two-wheel drive recovery vehicle cannot access.
We do not cover service calls that are the result of:
- failure to use reasonable care
- failure to carry out regular preventative vehicle maintenance or inappropriate maintenance or repair, whether intentional, negligent or otherwise
- incorrect fuel or contaminated fuel added to the fuel tank
- owner or driver related faults
- failure to follow the instructions of the vehicle manufacturer, repairer or us
- non-genuine, inappropriate or incorrect fitting of parts or accessories
- accident damage, break-in or attempted break-in of your vehicle
- breakdowns that are associated with any attached caravan or trailer or their couplings.
We won’t provide our service when:
- there are inadequate resources in the area you have broken down — for example there are no tow trucks or repairers available.
- circumstances are beyond our control — such as extraordinary delays caused by extreme weather conditions, a severe accident or traffic congestion.
- unexpected or disruptive events such as war, strikes, storms or other acts of God prevent us from assisting you.
Your responsibility for cost’s
You are responsible for all costs of parts, labour and any other associated costs, relating to the management and repair of your vehicle after a breakdown whether the repairs are carried out by the nearest repairer or otherwise. Payment must be made via a valid credit card for these repairs.
We will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage that arises from providing or failing to provide any of the benefits or services whether arising from negligence or otherwise. We assume no responsibility for any advice or assistance given by any independent service provider for the services rendered.
Renewal, Transfer or Cancellation of your Roadside Response Assistance
To ensure you have appropriate assistance protection, your Classic Care program will automatically renew every 12 months. You will be issued with advanced notification of your program renewal a minimum of 30 days prior to your entitlement end date. Payment for renewal will be processed via your nominated credit card.
You may cancel your Classic Care program at any time after the initial 12 months or within 30 days of you receiving your renewal notification by phoning 1300 468931 or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any approved refund will be provided on a pro-rata basis to your nominated credit card.
This program is not transferable. If you sell your vehicle no refunds are available from Roadside Response or its partners within the first 12 months. In certain circumstances a discount maybe provided if you choose to subscribe your new vehicle.
Change of Details
You must advise Roadside Response if you change your vehicle, home address or preferred contact details immediately. Membership services cannot be provided to any vehicle which is not correctly registered with us.
Definitions – The following words have these meanings throughout this document.
- “Accident” means a collision between the customer’s vehicle and another vehicle or object or an attempted break in or theft of the Vehicle.
- “Authorised Repairer” means a motor vehicle dealer or repairer which has been authorised by Roadside Response or Digicall to perform temporary repairs to mobilise the Vehicle after a Breakdown.
- “Breakdown” means a mechanical or electrical failure, which causes the Vehicle to be immobilised or renders it unsafe to drive, provided this is not occasioned by attempted theft or Accident related damage. A Breakdown may also mean a driver-related incident including, but not limited to, basic call outs such as a deflated tyre, locked or lost keys, insufficient fuel or flat battery.
- “Customer” means the driver of a Vehicle registered under the Program and authorised to drive the Vehicle by the owner and is duly licensed to drive the Vehicle under the relevant provisions, laws and regulations of Australia.
- “Program” means the program of assistance Services to be provided by Roadside Response and its approved service providers to the Customer as described in this Agreement.
- “Recovery” means the relocation of the Vehicle by a towing operator or Vehicle transport company (road or rail) of the Vehicle back to a Roadside Response authorised service centre, authorised repairer, the owner’s home or intended destination as deemed appropriate by Roadside Response.
- “Service Area” means an area in mainland Australia, Tasmania, Phillip Island and any other area that is trafficable by a two-wheel drive recovery vehicle or an island that is accessible by a two-wheel drive vehicular bridge (excludes ferries).
- “Tow / Transport” means that the Vehicle will be towed or transported by the most appropriate equipment available, dependent on the services available, the location of the Vehicle and the time that the Breakdown occurs.
- “Vehicle” means any duly registered motor vehicle (excluding Vehicles greater than 3.5 Tonnes, Taxis, Rental or Hire Vehicles) being used by the Customer and covered under the program, and complying with the relevant provisions, laws and regulations for road worthiness and use.
These terms and conditions are current as at the date of printing but are subject to change without notice. Roadside Response Assistance Program is provided by Digicall Assist Pty Ltd. ABN 92 152 605 340. Roadside Response is a registered trading name of Sammarco Services Pty Ltd. ABN 77 118 237 415. Website: www.roadsideresponse.com.au